- Master plan „Peenemünde 2020“ (REK)
- Peenemünde, Usedom, Baltic Sea Coast, Mecklenburg-West Pomerania
- Municipality Peenemünde, government-funded by Ministry of Economic Affairs, Employment and Tourism of Mecklenburg-West Pomerania
- Time Frame:
- August 2011 to February 2012
- selection process of project partners (investors/operators)
- approx. € 150 m.
fundamental analysis / development scope
development concept / master plan
hotel operator and investor search
- In coop. with:
- Planungsgruppe 4 GmbH (lead management), UPEG mbH, GRI mbh
- Image sources:
- Planungsgruppe 4 GmbH
Peenemünde is the northernmost municipality of the peninsula Usedom at the Baltic Sea. In the past, Peenemünde barely benefited from the very dynamic tourism development processes on Usedom. Hence, besides urban and traffic related issues, especially tourism aspects were in the center of attention for the new regional development concept (REK). From the beginning, the aim was to develop an effective and feasible concept, and not just a vision of what “could” be done. The master plan “Peenemünde 2020” defines a holistic development concept which benefits from the history of the location, transforming it into a new and future-oriented model for tourist attraction.
After jointly agreeing upon the concept with the federal state, administrative district and local authorities, the development concept has been passed by the Municipality Peenemünde in February 2012.
Just recently, the realization phase started. In a next step, further analysis and detailed concepts for selected key projects will be worked on. In addition, first private/public investment plans will be prepared with regards to planning and building legislation.